For first time homebuyers and even buyers who currently own a home, applying for a mortgage can be daunting. It is easier if you have an idea about the documentation that you will need to supply in order to obtain a mortgage.
You will need the following documents:
- The signed contract and addenda
- Social Security card and photo ID
- Past 2 years employment history including pay receipts or W-2
- Checking and savings account statements for the past 2 months
- Past 2 months statements for all stocks, bonds and investment accounts
- Retirement Plan - current statement
- If you are self-employed you will need the past 2 years tax returns.
- If you are divorced or separated you will need the divorce or separation agreement and settlement.
- Proof of taxes and insurance on all real estate currently owned
- Renters must provide contact information for their landlords for 2 years.
Now you will know what information to have on hand, so that when you find that perfect home, you will be able to move forward as quickly as possible.
Click here to search all homes currently on the market in the Charlottesville, Virginia real estate market and the central Virginia area.
licensed to sell real estate in Virginia